Monday, August 21, 2017

The In-between Place



I’m in a really frustrating place right now.  


You see, when I became a member of Wycliffe, I knew that part of that commitment was living by faith.  I am currently reaching out and requesting partnership from churches and individuals.  This is absolutely necessary because this work requires much prayer and the support of the community of believers.  It is humbling to see how God has moved!


Right now my support level is around 54% and I am continuing to reach out for support.  To be honest, I would much rather be working with GIAL as Distance Education Instructional Designer!  I am needed there!  So, why am I in this “In-between Place”?  


After 12 years, living by faith doesn’t necessarily get easier.  However, I’ve seen examples of God’s faithfulness.  

In the midst of my current situation – the In-between Place – I am reflecting on these verses:

Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times.
(Romans 12:12)


The Lord is good to everyone who trusts in him,
So it is best for us to wait in patience—to wait for him to save us—
And it is best to learn this patience in our youth.
(Lamentations 3:25-27)


What are the reasons God has be in the in the In-between Place?
·         
     God has people in mind to join my support team.  


God has taken care of me in the past, and He will take care of me in the future.  He has brought people into my life.  Through them, I’ve been blessed richly!  It’s a privilege to share my journey with the family of God – this truly takes a team.


·    God desires to build my character.


Patience?  Something everyone wants, but the process of getting it is pretty rough! 


During times like this, we can either grow hard out of anger or we can allow our hearts to soften and hear His voice. 


Easy?  Nope.  Ultimately rewarding?  Yes.

 God wants to have a rich and intimate relationship with me!


I want to draw closer to God and hear His voice.  He wants to be close to me, too! Know this gives me peace.

No comments: