Friday, March 25, 2011

Busy Week!

This week has been very busy, but extremely satisfying. I came home from Dallas with a renewed sense of purpose. To tell you the truth, I am very happy to be here and I don't want to be anywhere else.

Translation Team:
Lillie, Warren and Leonard are continuing to work on the book of Luke on site. Jesse and Elijah have other commitments, but are doing some revisions and drafting. Jesse is revising the Childrens' Bible Stories Level 1 and Elijah is working on Philippians.

Storytelling:
The ICI storytelling workshop is planned for May 25-27. The first step is a "mini-workshop" to prepare and inform the staff. I drafted a preliminary outline. Eddie gave me some more information about the recording equipment and the technological side of things. (I was very tempted to sit and play with the Olympus recorder!)

Partnership Development:
84% promised! I continue to reach out and share about Bible Translation as I build my team of prayer and financial partners. I'm taking an online PD seminar through Wycliffe. It's been helpful and encouraging. This weekend I am sharing at a church in Jackson, MS.

Drama at Hopewell Baptist Church:
We didn't have a practice this week because of the tribal elections. A lot of folks are attending rallies. Leonard has a lot of great ideas. He'd like to incorporate drama and dance into the ministry of his church.

No comments: