Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The story behind the title


This is from my May 28, 2010 prayer update:

A Blue Rocking Chair

Last week, I was thinking about moving and what kind of furniture
I would like to have in Mississippi. My Mom has always had a rocking chair and I decided that it would be nice to have one as well. I prayed, “Lord, would you provide a rocking chair for me?” Several days later, I was visiting with my friend Rachel. She mentioned that she was cleaning out her garage and had a rocking chair that needed a new home! I now have a comfortable place to relax, and a tangible reminded that God provides for his children. I am greatly encouraged by this and hope you will be as well!

2 comments:

Thainamu said...

Wow, that chair has had many a paint job--I have photos of it being painted beige. I like your color choice a lot better.

Abby said...

I love this color blue! I think that before it was beige it'd been painted green and maroon.